Benefits of Hiring a Doula
As reported by DONA, clinical research illustrates that having a trained doula present at your birth can result in shorter labors and less complications. Mothers also tend to request pain medication less than mothers who labored without trained labor support.
Benefits of Continuous Labor Support by a Birth Doula
- Mothers experience a more positive birth experience.
- Provides emotional advantages to the mother such as feeling more in control and secure during birth.
- Reduces the duration of labor.
- Increases spontaneous vaginal birth and successful breast-feeding.
- Reduces the use of interventions such as the use of epidural anesthesia or other analgesic, oxytocin, forceps, vacuum extraction or cesarean birth.
- Reduces complications with mother and baby.
- Reduces anxiety levels and postpartum depression.